13 April 2021
Subject: Expressions of Interest – Project Manager
The Cayman Islands Civil Service Association Co-operative Credit Union currently has over 15000 members and a staff complement of 62 employees. Our remit includes providing positive financial and social results through savings, loans, investments and community involvement. At this time. the Credit Union is developing 63 apartments and 30,000 square feet of commercial space over the next 18 -24 months and requires a Project Manager to manage the project from inception to completion. The Project Manager shall report to the Credit Union Development Committee. The Credit Union is seeking individuals or entities who have an interest and who are qualified in filling this role.
The Credit Union will expect the Project Manager to carry out the following duties:
- Monitor vendor fieldwork of the contractors to ensure the project is on time, within budget and in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations;
- Provide value engineering services to increase project efficiency including but not limited to overseeing procedures and practices used by vendors;
- Act as a liaison between contractors and the Development Committee;
- Ensure work quality is up to standard, correct material is being used and payments are made only when required contracted standard is achieved;
- Prepare weekly comprehensive status reports or more frequently if necessary for the Development Committee providing updates on progress, changes, incidents and recommendations;
- Resolve issues within the remit of the Project Manager and escalate other issues to the Development Committee suggesting appropriate options and recommendations;
- Participate in meetings with vendors, contractors, subcontractors and other stakeholders;
- Perform quality control review and final report confirming compliance with works contract requirements;
- Perform other related tasks and provide support to the Development Committee as requested;
- Construction Bidding.
The post holder must possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years as a licensed professional practitioner;
- Ten years of full-time satisfactory experience managing and/or inspecting one or more construction projects with a total cost of at least CI$20 million each.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and project management software.
- Working knowledge of Cayman Planning Law and Building Control requirements. Familiarity with Lead Standard Procedure is advantageous.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety standards.
- Strong organizational, verbal & written communication skills, keen attention to detail;
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results;
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing and tracking field projects;
- Proven ability to successfully manage field teams and deliver projects on time and within budget;
- Strong soft skills with proactive and clear communication skills and the ability to engage and facilitate coordination between the Development Committee, vendors executives, field inspectors and residents;
Accompanying the submission should be the following:
- A description of a previous construction project completed including the time frame of the project and the type of work performed.
All interested individuals or entities may submit, their resumes for individual applications or Trade & Business License along with Project Team Professional Qualifications & Experience for entities & via email to CUJobs@cicsacu.com.ky no later than 25 June 2021.